11 Days , 3 Hours & 49 Minutes
The countdown on my phone has my stomach in knots and my brain in a flurry. The numbers tell me we have less than 2 weeks until we fly out to the opposite end of the country and pursue our very last treatment attempt in New York.
The Lord has been so unwaveringly kind to me these past few days leading up to our trip. His touch has been in everything from providing me with a wonderful new job that will allot me the time needed for the treatment, to sweet friends who make boxes and throw me “happy second honeymoon” parties.
So many friends and family and blog followers have asked how they can be of service to us during these last 11 days and the 14 days of our treatment...and to those of you, I just want to say thank you. Thank you for the sincerity behind your offers and the encouragement in your texts and emails.
Since so many have asked, I thought it would be easier if I wrote this blog post and shared the prayer requests we have, especially since we know that the Lord hears our prayers and it truly is the most helpful thing you can do for us.
In the days leading up to our treatment:
1. Pray for smooth travels. I fly out the day after Thanksgiving and I would be lying if I said I wasn’t anxious about busy airport crowds and delayed flights due to weather concerns.
2. Pray for peace and a loose grip on what I want. So many of you know that this is our last attempt at curing Vaginismus, and I have so much hope stocked up in this treatment. Pray that the Lord’s will be done either way and that I would walk into this opportunity with open hands and my eyes on Jesus only.
During the treatment (Nov 23-Dec 8):
1. Pray for complete healing. I have been studying the name Jehovah-Rapha: the God who Heals in my quiet times. I am learning to know God as the one who heals and sustains the body. Pray that God would work as my Healer and use the doctors at the women’s therapy center to cure us once and for all.
2. Pray for our marriage. As we step out in faith and approach yet another set of doctors and another type of treatment, pray that we will grow closer together and that God would give us a deeper love and commitment to one another and our marriage covenant.
3. Pray for our 2019 decisions. If the Lord chooses to heal us, we will have some big decisions to make in the coming year. Pray that we would seek the Lord before we seek our baby, and that we would seek the will of Father God before we commit to our own plans.
I am going to try to keep the blog‘s instagram account, as well as my own facebook page updated, so hopefully I can share the small victories and joys of our trip as we go through it!
Thand you all for the way you love us as the hands and feet of Jesus.